Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11



I was in seventh grade. I remember seeing the early coverage on the TV at my friend Hannah's house before we left for school. In first period, which was PE, we turned on the TV and watched. I wasn't really aware of what it meant. I thought it was something on a smaller level, compared it to the Oklahoma City bombing of '95.

But I did watch those planes fly into the Twin Towers. Over, and over, and over again.
I watched and listened more, and finally understood how serious it was.
I drew a picture in my diary, which involved a lot of pen spirals.

Now? Now, I hardly think about it. I should. I should be better at remembering.
ALL of America should be better at remembering.
Not remembering who it was, why it was - but remembering those that died for freedom.
Remember those that still die for freedom.

I will never forget.

No comments: