Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Random Thoughts

* We're testing a new program at work and I am totally over it already. We just switched systems in January, and spent the months leading up to it testing. Now we're adding a new program, and are testing that. Testing programs is not fun. Plus I'll be leaving and I won't have to deal with the live program ever, so I just don't care. That being said... I'm still testing. Because I'm a good employee like that.

* My Pell Grant for summer term has still not come through yet, which means K and I will have to pay tuition. Thanks a lot, BYU Financial Aid office.

* I really want to find an apartment in Pocatello. Those of you who know me know that I am a planner. Things need to be organized, and ready to go. If they're not, I freak. We're going to Pocatello on Friday which will hopefully lower my stress level. I've also sent two emails about two different apartments and have not heard anything back. Gah.

* K and I have no working phones right now. We ordered our new ones, but according to the fed ex tracking number they're been in Indianapolis since Sunday. Get here already! I'm going crazy without a phone. Of course we don't have phones the week that all sorts of crazy things are going on. (But I am grateful for new phones and cutting our bill in half. I just want them now.)

* My Family Finance class is going to be a beast. And it's taught by an old man. And it's in the classroom where my very first class at BYU was held. That's really precious.

* My Marriage Enhancement class is going to be awesome. I'm so excited.

* June is the month that we resolved (again) to save more money, but then it became the month of a lot of necessary expenses. Isn't that how it always works?

* I'm going to need to find a job in Pocatello. A grown up job. This is scary, and daunting, and weird.


Whew.... I feel a lot better having vented here on my blog. Thanks, blog, for being my outlet.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Seriously, I find BYU Financial Aid to be a big pain in the butt. Also, I'm pretty sure people our age and in our situation CAN'T save money. How can you put money in savings when you can barely make ends meet?

P.S. Have fun in Idaho! Good luck with the apartment search!

old said...

Another system to test? Man alive! I feel ya girl.

Nikki said...

I had to pay tuition Spring term because BYU financial aid is dumb! haha Oh well it eventually came through...

Clayton and Malae Talley said...

Britt! Is your Family Finance class taught by Dr. I?

AdrianneJayne said...

Yeah! I had major issues with my pell grants this summer. My summer one finally came through, but my spring one still hasn't. Oh well... they keep telling me it will, so I just trust!