Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Random Thoughts at 4:20 in the Morning

Lets see how coherently I can write this late. Or should I say early? I always have things I want to get done when I work graveyards but they never seem to happen. I have a hard time being productive in the middle of the night even if doing the things I'm supposed to would probably help pass the time.

I don't know how Britt is going to be able to go another month waiting for Harry Potter. I think he kind of took over the blog. It's ok I'm not jealous. Besides we all know HP is the real "chosen one" not LeBron. LeBron should get that tattoo removed. Loser.

I'm ready to quit my job, but I like money and earning more of it before going into debt for graduate school seems like a good idea. I need almost every Saturday off from now until we leave for Pocatello so having weekends off will definitely help survive a couple more months here. Between the MTC and this treatment center I have worked almost every Friday and Saturday since I have been home from my mission. I'm pretty sure I can count the weekends I have had off in the last 4 years on my fingers. I'm thinking its time to change that.

I ran 7.5 miles yesterday. My legs are a little sore right now but not too bad. I'm serious about running the Pioneer day marathon next month. I'm going to run a half marathon on the 9th and we will see how that goes. I don't like running all that much but I like doing hard things and running 26.2 miles sounds hard. I like challenges and I like to push myself.

I read a book by Dr. Laura this week. I always thought of her as kind of a nut with a radio show. You know Sleepless in Seattle.... but the lady has a lot of interesting things to say and I like how direct she is. Someday I'm going to write some good books on marriage and family therapy. After I write some kids books (Britt found a Dr. Seuss biography for me to read at the library! Thanks babe!) and after I write my book on missionary work that is, well..... still being written. It's more than a few pages now though.

I guess it is time to watch a movie on Netflix before I try and drive home without falling asleep! Wish me luck! And whoever you are that is reading this I hope you have a great day! This paragraph has a lot of exclamation marks!!

2 comments:

Ayisha said...

Kyle - my favorite part of this

"I like doing hard things and running 26.2 miles sounds hard"

You rock at life for planning to run a marathon. And you'll ace it.

Tell your wife even I am counting down to Harry Potter...

Anonymous said...

Britt your husband is a nut ha ha. I like it! :)