Friday, June 17, 2011

2 Years!

I have a hubs/lover/best friend and his name is Kyle.

Two years ago I made the (best. ever.) decision to date him.

(Back story: 3 days before, K and I had had a talk where he basically confessed to me that he liked me and that he wanted to date me. After this confession, I freaked out, told him I liked him to but didn't know what I wanted. K said it was ok, I could think about it, and even if I didn't want to date him we could still be best friends. Yes. He's the best.)

Our conversation went something like this:

Me: So, um, Kyle, you know how you said you wanted to date me a few days ago?
Kyle: Yeah.
Me: Well... Um, I think, I mean, well, I want to date. Is that still ok? 
Kyle (smiling): Yeah, that sounds great.
Me: Ok, well, great. Ok, bye.

Yeah, I'm a real awkward person.


After that conversation, we fell in love, and decided to get married within two months.
And then we waited 9 months to get married, but that's ok.
Time is a funny thing, and I can't believe that we've known each other for almost 3 years, have been best friends about that long, have been together 2 years, and have been married over a year.
Crazy.

We're so happy :)

(Taken March 2010)


1 comment:

Molly said...

You guys are so cute! :)