Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lucky

Sometimes I get down on myself, or think I could do much better.
And while this is true - I mean, I could be a much better wife, student, employee, friend, etc. I then think about how lucky and blessed I am in my life. And that alone makes me want to do better, to be better.

:: I have a wonderful husband, who loves me, and takes care of me, and wants the best for me, and listens to me, and comforts me. He is the very best thing, my number one blessing.

:: I have a great family who I love very much. I also have wonderful in-laws!

:: I belong to the true Church, and because of that, I am blessed with the scriptures, with prophets and leaders, and the ability to go to the Temple and receive more blessings.

:: I am a student at BYU, a fantastic school, and all four years of my schooling were paid for by pell grants, which means I have not had to go into debt for school.

:: Kyle and I both have jobs.

:: We have a roof over our heads, and all the things to go under it. Bed, TV, table/chairs, food, clothes, etc.

:: We have wonderful friends who love us, and we love them. We love getting together with any of them, and chatting.

:: We have a wonderful, reliable car.

:: We have a working computer.

:: I'm also proud of Kyle for being a BYU graduate.

These are just the tip of the iceburg, but counting my blessings can always make me think, and set goals to become more like Christ and our Father in Heaven. To become more receptive to the Spirit. Just to be and do better.

And this week, I'm going to work on it.

(Although, remember, we're going to YELLOWSTONE on Wednesday - so I can't exactly cook and clean while we're there. But don't worry, I will pick up where I left off when we come back.)

2 comments:

Leanna Wagstaff said...

i miss you. horribly.

you are one of my blessings britt. emg's.

Caroline said...

Excuse me for creepin on your blog when I only know you a little, tiny bit, but Yellowstone is the freaking bomb! Go to Painter's Point. It's beautiful. See for yourself: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4413066&id=500584199&ref=fbx_album