Saturday, May 19, 2012

Some Updates!

I've been reallllly lame around the blogging world lately. Sorry, blogging world.

But here are some updates on the Hanson Fam - aka, Kyle and I.

I.... have just been working. I don't remember if I have put this on the blog yet... But I recently got moved to salary. Not a change at all, but it sure sounds cool to say I have a salaried position :) The only real difference is now I can put in more hours if I feel like I need to instead of being paranoid about going over hours... But I don't get paid for those other hours, haha. But it's good. I am enjoying my job most days... There are days when I hate it, but mostly good days.

I have been trying to cut out sweet stuff and fast food from my diet. My main problem is that I have no self control when it comes to food. Example: oh, I could eat one cookie and call it good OR I could eat 4 cookies. And I always choose the four cookies, haha. I also always crave fast food (because of my regular consumption of it, I know) and I always give in to those cravings. NO MORE. So this past week, I didn't get fast food for lunch any day, and when a co-worker's wife brought in cookies I only had one. I have also run four times in the past week. Each time was probably only 10-15 minutes or so, but I still am working on building up my endurance. I even did some crunches today :) I am going to run a 5k in July, and one in September. I think that I am in good enough shape - or at least still have a good enough metabolism - that if I improve my diet and start exercising, it shouldn't take too much to lose the inches I want. (I will admit that we got Little Caesars last night, and I did not do so well with self control.... And my stomach agreed with me :( )
Anyway, that was kind of a rant, but that is what is new with me :)

As for Kyle - lots of exciting things have been going on for him! He is currently in his first class of the summer. He is only taking two, and they are each 2 weeks long - so he is halfway done with his first one. The other one is in June. He is still seeing a few clients at Seasons of Hope, and has a few clients at the clinic on campus as well. He also is starting up with the program START which is an on-campus program that helps people get their GED and become college ready. Those in the program are required to get a few hours of counseling, which is where Kyle comes in. He will see those clients at the clinic on campus as well. AND he also has secured an internship for the fall/winter, at a facility called Bright Tomorrows, where he will counsel children who have been victims of sexual abuse. He also was voted in to be the VP of Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) the counseling honors society. (I may have mentioned that already, but I don't remember...) So he is the VP from now until graduation next year. I am so proud of him for working and studying so hard!
He is also starting to do PSR (what I used to do) at Seasons of Hope next week. It will be nice to have a little extra income that we can use to save up more money and to start paying off student loans! Kyle is also training for a triathalon that is in August - so he is keeping busy with that training as well. I think he is pretty neat :) The triathalon is at Bear Lake, and I have signed up to be a volunteer. It should be exciting :) Oh and he is starting to research PhD programs more. We'll keep you updated on that, too.

So that is the new happenings around here. We are also on the hunt for a second car. Hopefully we will find one soon!

No comments: