Friday, July 23, 2010

July 22, 2009

One year ago today, Kyle and I first exchanged the three words, "I love you."

We were sitting on the couch in my apartment late that night. We had just finished watching "The Wedding Planner." We had been talking a little, and kissing a little, and then Kyle said, "I love you, Britt."
To which I replied, "Me too."
(I don't remember what I said, but that's what Kyle says, so I believe him. It's just like me to say something like that. After all, when he asked me to marry him I said, "Yes! Wait... what?")
Anyway, then I'm sure I said something to the effect of "I love you too."

I didn't sleep that night. And not only because I was so excited that he loved me.
You see, my AC broke that night. So I couldn't sleep because it was so dang hot. I blogged. I sat outside. And finally at about 7 or 8 am, I texted Kyle, telling him to wake up so I could come over and get cool, and maybe catch up on my sleep. I went over, we watched the parade, made breakfast, cuddled, and I napped.

What a great day.

This picture isn't from that day, but it's from last summer sometime.

2 comments:

Nikki & James said...

congrats what a happy year it has been too :) This is a super cute story. I love it.

Ky said...

I love this. Thanks for sharing!