Monday, November 28, 2011

Style

Isn't it funny how your personal style changes? I've been thinking about it lately as I daydream about decorating my future home, as well as decorating my current one. I've also been thinking about it as I get rid of some articles of clothing and buy clothes to replace the ones I gave away. I finally feel like I am settling into my own style - not saying I didn't have one before. I did. I had a very set style. And while that style is still underlying my changes - I have built upon it, added a few things, taken away a few things, and I like what I see. 

For most of my life - junior high, high school, the majority of college - I was a green, brown, and blue girl. T-shirts, jeans, tennis shoes, hoodies. I cared about what I looked like, but wasn't into anything too girly (like ruffles, cardigans for normal day wear, boots, heels, pinks, etc.). Now - I've expanded on that. I love cardigans and boot, I'm into skinny jeans and sandals. I enjoy a nice pair of heels (but still not my favorite... ha). I'm wearing carefully selected pinks, light blues, grays, etc. And I love it. I love my new found style, my confidence in what I'm wearing. It's a pretty great feeling really.

And back to home decorating... I've really been expanding in that too. Like above, I've always been a green, brown and blue person when it comes to decor. And I still am - but I am loving yellows and golds, and lighter blues (cornflowers, etc), and some black and grays. I sort of wish I had figured this out before I got married so I could have registered for some different color things and maybe done my wedding a little differently :)

So really - this blog post doesn't have much of a point other than this - I've found my style, one that I'm comfortable in and happy with. Of course it will continue to expand and change and grow, but I'm happy. 

No comments: