Monday, May 24, 2010

Mazatlan

Mazatlan was my favorite place we visited.
We got off the ship, and met our tour guide.
We hopped into a taxi (another van) and took about a half hour drive to a port.
The drive was great, I really love how Mazatlan is set up.
The little houses, the roads, the hills, etc.
I should have taken pictures, but I was too involved in just looking.

We then hopped onto a sailboat!
I've always wanted to go on one.
Ours had the name of "Patricia Belle".
We took a little sailboat ride to Deer Island.
After we got off the sailboat, we hiked up to a point where you can see out.
(that's the picture of us when you can see my awful tan lines. I got those just from walking around the ship the first couple of days. I spent the rest of the time trying to even out, haha).
Then,
we went kayaking!
It was a lot of fun, and a lot of work!
The current kept pulling us in a different way than we wanted to go.
And I wasn't very good, or as strong as Kyle, so we kept veering off.
But, we had a great time.


After we finally made it back to the shore, we played on the beach for a while.

After that, we went back on the sailboat.
And then back on a taxi.
This time it was a truck that had benches rigged in the bed.
That was a windy ride!

Then, it was back on the ship, because we were sure wiped out from fun in the sun.


No comments: