Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cabo San Lucas

Cabo was really beautiful.
So much beach!
At Cabo we were going to go snokeling, and we had to get up super early make it
off the boat in time.
We got on another boat to get off the ship.
We then met up with our group, and got on a motorboat.
First we went around and he showed us some of the "sights" in Cabo.
The waves were really huge, and were awesome to watch as the crashed onto the rocks.
We went to the beach that we were supposed to snorkel at, but the water was too
rough that day.
We went to another place, and were able to get in the water.
Straight from the boat.

In our snorkel gear.
Now, you may not know this about me, but I am TERRIFIED of water.
Or rather, to be in the water.
That is so deep my feet won't touch.
And if my head gets anywhere near to or under the water...
I panic.
(I attribute this paranoia to the fact that when I was young my tube got flipped over in the wave pool at Seven Peaks and I was stuck underneath it.)
(and yes, I did work at Seven Peaks for a long time, but I hardly got in the water.)
So, why I thought snokeling would be a fun idea, I'm not sure.
I really was so excited, until that morning.
Maybe I thought it would cure me of my fear.

I don't know.

But it took a lot of effort on my part to get in the water.
Once I was in the water, I wouldn't put my head down.
(Uh, hello, that's the point of snorkeling).
I swam slowly to the beach.
I swam slowly back to the boat.
I was done with being in the water.
Poor Kyle had to put up with me.
But the water was still really rough anyway, so he couldn't see anything.
Actually, I take that back, he saw one fish!


Anyway, after the snorkeling excursion, we walked around the arts and craft market.
We got a bag, a mexican blanket, a dress for my little sister, a magnet, and salt and pepper shakers.
(Also pictures is a watch we bought me onboard the ship).
We did pretty good.

Then it was back to the ship for us.






No comments: