Tuesday, November 26, 2013

20 Week Survey


In honor of being 20 weeks along today, I thought I would do one of those pregnancy survey things floating around the blog world. So.... Enjoy. 

How far along: 20 weeks - halfway, baby!

How big is baby: Baby Center tells me that baby is the size of a banana! 10.5 ounces, and 10 inches long from head to heel.

What have you been up to: Organizing and unpacking the boxes that were left when I first found out I was pregnant and sick for two months.

Maternity clothes: I've been wearing a pair of maternity jeans since I was like 7 weeks, just because they were so comfortable! I don't have any other maternity clothes yet (unless you count my maternity/nursing bra), but some of the clothes I was wearing before I got pregnant are on the looser side, so that's why I still fit into them.

Weight gain/lose: Starting to gain the weight I lost back. I think I'm probably around 141 or 142, still a couple pounds to go before I hit my pre-pregnancy weight.

Wedding ring on/off: On, but I know I'm going to have to take it off and wear a "fake" one for a while. My fingers are prone to swelling before being pregnant, so I'm under no allusions that I'll be able to wear mine the whole pregnancy. I just thank my lucky stars I'm not pregnant during the summer. My ring would have been off ages ago.

Stretch marks: None on my stomach/thighs/hips that are new, just my old ones. I have some major ones in the chest area though.

Belly Button: It is still in, but definitely stretching and flattening out - even Kyle can tell and commented on it.

Sleep: This goes back and forth depending on the night. Some nights I can't sleep at all for various reasons (acid reflux, back pain, congestion, just can't get comfortable, etc.), and other nights I can sleep fine, minus waking up to use the restroom and switching sides every 30 minutes.

Newest baby milestones this week: Baby is apparently swallowing more, and producing meconium now - excited to see how that turns out in 20 more weeks ;)

Food cravings: I haven't had any huge cravings for a while. A month or so ago I was huge into orange juice, and while I still love it, I don't NEED it anymore. I have been loving Zips french fries and fry sauce... But that might not be pregnancy, I love french fries and fry sauce in general. OH, donuts have sounded really good to me lately, too.

Food aversions: Nothing too extreme. I still am not the hugest fan of Mexican food (quesadillas are ok, and so are tacos from Jack in the Box).

Symptoms: Congestion, backache, and headache are the main ones. I had a really weird dizzy spell during sacrament meeting on Sunday. We were just about to sing the rest song (they kept us sitting, thank goodness) and all of a sudden I got super clammy and sweaty, and lightheaded and legitimately thought I was going to pass out. I leaned on Kyle's shoulder for about 5 minutes, with my eyes clothes, with my hand gripped on his wrist. It went away after that, but was weird and scary. Oh, also I have been super burpy (is that a word?). Like deep burps at all times of the day.

Movement: I've been feeling baby move since I was 16.5 weeks, but lately the movements are coming more often and are a little more pronounced. If baby is facing the right way and kicks hard enough, I think you could feel it on the outside of my belly. Kyle may have felt it once, but then baby decided not to kick again, so we're still waiting for the day that Kyle can really feel the baby.

Gender: BOY!

What I’m looking forward to: Kyle to actually feel the baby move!

What I’m nervous about/praying for: Not so much nervous, but just continually hoping that baby and I stay healthy throughout this pregnancy, and that no complications arise.

What I miss: Being able to move around easier (I know it will just get worse...), and also sleeping better. But I guess that is something I will be missing for the next 15 years, haha.

Next appointment: December 17th, Dr. McCrummen is going to talk to me about the glucose test then.. Lucky me :)

No comments: