Saturday, November 16, 2013

Baptism

I had the opportunity to go to a convert baptism tonight. I've made friends with the sisters serving in our ward, and as such, get random calls to help with things like church tours, baptisms, etc. So even though I had never met this girl before, I volunteered to bring refreshments and say a prayer.

The Spirit there was so sweet. She was about 20 (or between 18-24....?) and I guess she is engaged to the son of one of the couples in our ward (I haven't met them  yet, either). Anyway, all that aside... I honestly don't think I have ever been to a convert baptism before. It was so special, and really  neat to see her make that decision and make that next step, even though I didn't know her. I'm glad I braved the cold, wet weather and made the drive to be there.

I'm so glad I was able to be born into the Gospel, and I'm thankful my mom made the choice to be baptized when she was 16 years old. If she hadn't I'm not sure where I would be... I might not even be born! I'm grateful for the Gospel and for the chance that we all have to change and to grow.

No comments: