Thursday, March 10, 2011

Catch Up

I haven't been the best at blogging in the last little while.
There are a few reasons why that is.. I'm busy, and when I'm not busy, I'm trying to spend time with my husband before he gets busy (aka goes to work). I also think of great ideas to post about, and then forget them. I feel like my blog is kind of boring. I have so many thoughts on my mind that when I sit down to type them out they don't come out like I want, or get overwhelmed by all the other thoughts.

So today, I'll give you a quick update of our lives, as well as a few thoughts that have been swirling around in my head lately.

I'm just chugging along with school. Only 6 weeks left! Work's been crazy on some days, and pretty chill on other's. I really am so grateful to have such a good job. I'll miss it when I leave, I think.

Kyle's just working still. He had an interview up at Idaho State today, and we'll hear back around the first or second week of April! So everyone cross your fingers for us, slash say a prayer :)

Last week was a good one. I was able to hang out with two of my favorite ladies, Dani and Emily. Dani came over for dinner on Thursday, and then on Sunday with her little sister Gabi. And Em and I were able to go out to dinner on Friday and catch up, which was great. Dani and Em are the best friends ever, and I'm so grateful for their friendship. Dani for going on 14 years, and Em for going on 4. Love you, girls.

I've been thinking lately about my feelings regarding the Church. Just the fact that I have been taking it for granted lately. It's an entity in my life that I regard as always going to be there, and I don't need to put much work into it. Obviously, that is not how it works. I'm in a New Testament class and a Church History class right now, and we've been learning about how we need to prove ourselves to be with our families in the next life, as well as about the struggles of the early Saints in the Kirtland time period. I also read an article in the Ensign for this month that dealt with converts, and the struggles they go through. .... The moral of all of this is that I have been needing to put more work into my testimony, etc. The thought that I had was that we (I) need to live with the same conviction as those early Saints, or as the Saints in third world countries, or converts in any country. There is such power behind those who experience so much hardship yet hold so firm to their covenants and their convictions and their faith and their testimony. I need to be more like them, those role  models that I have recently encountered.
Sorry if that's random, or a weird topic for my blog, but I just wanted to get it out :)

I think that's about it for now. I've got laundry to put away, and homework to do. But here's an awesome picture from our trip to Yellowstone last August, because awesome pictures are the best.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I like your blog! I don't think your posts are boring either. Love you!

Rue Lynn said...

Britt,

As you study early Church history, realize that is where your LDS roots grow from. The Kirtland experience is great period. Several of your for-mothers and fathers attended the dedication and worked on the Temple there. It is their blood that runs through you, the conviction which they had, is your heritage! They indeed see the Spirit of God descend like a fire burning. OK I'll stop talking family history...even though I could go on, love you