Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Years!

(For some reason blogger won't save my formatting... So you'll just have to read a huge paragraph smashed together until I can figure out how to fix it, sorry!)Kyle and I have had a wonderful time here in Bakersfield, CA.  Our niece Allie turns 3 tomorrow, and we just wrapped up her birthday party about an hour ago. All the Watson cousins came and left, and now Allie's in bed, and the house is clean, and quiet. We're not looking forward to the nine hours drive back to reality tomorrow. But, I am still excited for a new semester to start. My last winter semester ever. Hallelujah!I'm so excited to graduate. And I'm excited to have a schedule. Although I love the times when time just stops, and days don't seem to matter... I love calendars, and planners, and to-do lists. It makes me feel a little more in control. (Not sure if that's a bad or a good thing... But it's the way I am.) Speaking of to-do lists, today in Relief Society in Blaine and Brooke's ward our lesson was on Elder Uchdorf's talk Of Things That Matter Most. We were reminded that although to-do lists are good, we should not base our worth on the list of our to-do lists, and keep in mind the basics (prayer, scriptures study, family relationships) when things get crazy. It was a good reminder to me.  I'm taking 5 classes this semester, only 13 credits. I'm taking Language Deveopment, Adult Development and Aging, and my capstone class - Advanced Issues in Human Development, plus two religion classes - Joseph Smith and the Restoration, and The Gospels. Should be a good one.  When we get back home I'll post pictures and more details of our little New Years vacation to Las Vegas and Bakersfield. And I'll finish up the recap of 2010 post that I started before we left.  But just know this, we loved 2010, and cannot wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!We wish you all a very happy 2011! PS - we had a little bit of a Christmas card fiasco this year, so for those of you who were probably expecting one, I'm sorry. We'll make up for it in a year! :)

No comments: