|Taken June 2011.|
1) I am terrified of tornadoes and water. And by water, I mostly mean drowning. Seriously, TERRIFIED of both of them.
2) I'm an avid reader, I love to read! It's not only a hobby, it's a habit. But sometimes I don't feel very well-read when talking to others because my favorite genre is fiction, and not always "thought-provoking" fiction either. I also really enjoy reading "dark and twisty" books, that have questionable content. I don't often recommend those books to people.
3) My degree was in Family Life and Human Development. It wasn't just fluff'n'stuff. I learned about how the brain develops, I learned how language develops, I learned parenting techniques, I learned marriage tips, I learned developmental milestones and theories, and I learned how teenagers think, along with lots of other things. And it was hard, and I LOVED it.
4) I've held supervisory/management positions in all jobs but one (and that was working in a cafeteria so....). I've also gotten a job offer from every job interview I've had except one, and even then I got a second interview.
5) I love making lists. Lists, lists, lists. It helps my mind organize and my life is much more productive. I also just love the action of writing. It soothes me.
6) I didn't think I was a picky eater until I got married. I am. And by the way, I HATE onions. And bananas. And tomatoes (but not tomato sauce...). And..... Lots of other things. I am a plain, plain eater.
7) I wanted to be a teacher since I was in elementary school. I changed my mind my sophomore year of college and had a bit of an identity crisis. Although teaching was not for me, I admire all my teaching friends so much! It's hard work.
8) I was going to go to Romania for a semester, doing an internship working in an orphanage and hospital. I decided to stay home and get married instead, but I still hold a special place in my heart for Romania.
9) My favorite band has been Dashboard Confessional since I was in 9th grade. That said, I love music. All kinds. Rock, pop, emo, country, pretty much just a little bit of everything.
10) I was named after the island/kingdom of Great Britain. And my name is spelled like this, B-R-I-T-T-A-N-N-Y. Two N's, people. And two T's. But I won't be offended if you spell it wrong. But I will be extremely pleased if you spell it right.
11) I haven't had Dr. Pepper since March 2013. (A YEAR!!) This is a big deal. I've also been off caffeinated/carbonated beverages since then, although I still enjoy a rootbeer every once in a while. And I've had a few sips of Mountain Dew (rebel!). I had to quit all soda cold turkey though, to insure I could kick the habit.
12) I used to highlight and lowlight my hair, but the last time I did was right after we got married. I love my natural hair color and feel no need to switch up my hair. I have donated my hair to Locks of Loves a couple of times though. I often will grow out my hair, chop it off, grow it out.... Etc.
13) I didn't get my driver's license until I was married, and 21.
14) It took us a year to get pregnant.
15) I love buying makeup, but hardly ever use it... But brand new make up is just so pretty!
16) I've kissed 4 boys, and thought I was going to marry each one. (Yes, even my first boyfriend at age 15 - I'm a romantic, you could say.)
17) I absolutely love clothes shopping. That's probably not a secret though.
18) I've never broken a bone. And the first (and only) time I got stitches was 4 days before my wedding.
19) I consider my graduation from BYU the biggest achievement of my life. Seriously, I'm so proud of that degree.
20) I spend an absurd amount of time worrying that I'm accident prone, but really I'm not.
21) I have terrible vision. My vision is like -9.5 in one eye and -10 in the other. Or somewhere close to that. I've had glasses since kindergarten, and contacts since 3rd grade. And I wear hard contacts, not soft. One day I'll get Lasik.... I also hate wearing my glasses.
22) I has a few poems published when I was in junior high and high school. I wish I would have begged my mom to buy the volumes they were published in.
23) I try to pretend I'm crafty... But really I'm pretty mediocre when it comes to that stuff.
24) I love desserts. All of them. Except lemon bars and things with raisins. Mostly I love chocolate stuffs.
25) I don't love breakfast foods. I do love french toast and crepes, but that's about it. Not to say I don't eat it or enjoy it (I chose to go to IHOP for my birthday one year...) but it's not something I crave.
26) I have a late August birthday, and was generally the youngest in my class. So I graduated high school and started college at 17. And graduated college at 21.
27) I took French for approximately 9 years. I also took a couple classes of ASL. I love those two languages and wish that I could continue studying them.
28) I love musicals. It's kind of a closet love of mine, I'm not sure if people know this about me. But I know lots and lots of lyrics to musicals.
29) I'm not an animal lover. They can be cute enough, but I never want to have one.
30) I hate wearing socks. I would rather my feet freeze than wear socks on my feet.
31) I love to dance. And I miss it.
32) I'm terrified of those dough canisters that pop open. Like I become paralyzed with fear if I have to open one. I also hate all loud noises (fireworks, balloons popping, etc). If I am around those things I will probably be hiding in a corner with my ears covered until all the balloons are popped, the fireworks have gone off, etc.
33) I love to sing. I'm not particularly great at it, but I can carry a tune. I've sung in multiple choirs and musical numbers and hope to continue to develop my tiny talent :)