Wednesday, January 22, 2014

28 Weeks

Kind of a scary picture.... haha.

I had my 28 week appointment yesterday. 
Baby's heartbeat was in the 140's, and I was measuring right at 28 cm. 
Everything looks good like usual!

However, I failed the 1 hour glucose test, so I have to go take the 3 hour one next week.
(My number was a 154, and the cutoff at my OB office is 135.)
So here's to hoping that I pass the 3 hour test!
(PS, to anyone who reads this blog and is like, what is she talking about? - Due to hormonal changes in your body while pregnant, your cells are less responsive to insulin. Usually your pancreas will just make more to compensate, but sometimes the pancreas can't keep up, so your blood glucose levels rise, and they diagnose you with gestational diabetes. The glucose tests are how they diagnosis it.)

Aside from that, everything is pretty much the same over here :) 

Oh, but we did pick up our carseat and stroller this week. 
Here's a picture for you. I think it's pretty dang cute.



2 comments:

Amanda said...

I failed my 1 hour one too! But passed the 3 hour one... It's not fun though, be prepared! You can do it though! Bring WAY more stuff to entertain yourself than you'll think you need. At least for me it was hard to stay focused/distracted haha

Amanda said...

And you look adorable!!