Friday, January 3, 2014

25 Weeks

(No picture right now... But I wanted to make sure to post this, for record keeping's sake.)

25 weeks down, 15 weeks to go!

Things are pretty much the same around here, except for a growing belly!
Like I mentioned in my Christmas post, I got maternity clothes for Christmas, and it's the BEST EVER. Seriously, even though I was still fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes (and I'll still continue to wear the ones I can), maternity clothes are so much more comfortable. Particularly the camisoles. And the leggings. I love my clothes. And I think they accentuate my bump a little more, and I look more pregnant, and I like that. 
SO if you are pregnant and are one of those people that are proud of wearing pre-preg clothes the whole pregnancy, I feel sorry for you, because you don't know what comfort is. (Plus you get to buy new clothes, hello!)


Ok, ranting about maternity clothes over.

I don't have too many crazy symptoms. I had gotten over my congestion, but then I got a little cold, so it's back with a vengeance :/ And there's the uncomfortableness and the occasional acid reflux and also there's the new sensation of being hot a lot, but that's ok. And occasional insomnia. Oh, and the occasional back and hip pain. 
And mostly just the sensation of carrying extra weight around in my abdomen. It's a strange sensation.

As far as baby's development goes, he is about 13 inches long, and 1.5 pounds. 
Baby can be a crazy mover when he wants to be, but never cooperates enough for Kyle to feel him. (UPDATE: Kyle did feel him on New Year's Day, two pretty good kicks!) Isn't that how it always goes? Baby is big enough that I can feel him moving on both sides of my stomach at the same time, and it's the strangest and coolest thing! It's also a strange feeling to feel him rolling over or something. I love it. 
(I think I put baby into a food coma on Christmas, because he didn't move as much and it worried me but since then he's back to being his active self.)

I'm looking forward to getting his room put together and organizing it.
I can't believe he'll be here in just 3 short months (give or take)!

No comments: