Wednesday, January 15, 2014

27 Weeks

Officially into the THIRD trimester, say what?!
I am glad to be here, and glad to be 3 months away from meeting baby boy.

As you can see in the posts below, we had some baby showers while I was in Utah and he and I got spoiled. I can't wait to dress him up in the cute clothes we received, and use all the other things, too.

I'm feeling pretty good. Just the regular aches and pains I've already blogged about before, but I can't complain. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but he really likes to hang out on my right side. It's such a crazy feeling, being able to tell where he is.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday. Baby's heartbeat was in the 150s, and I'm measuring right on track for 27 weeks. 
I weighed in at about 152. I asked my nurse how they measure weight gain, and she said it's by the weight you are when you first come in. So according to their records I've gained about 4.5 pounds. If you add in the 7 pounds I lost and gained back, I've gained about 11-12 pounds. I'm feeling really good about that.

I also took my glucose test yesterday (it was fine, no horror stories up in here), but I'm still waiting to hear back my results. Hopefully I passed!

I'll go back for an appointment next week, to get on track, and then I'll be going in every 2 weeks until I hit 36 weeks, and then I'll go in every week until baby is here! Dr. McCrummen said that at 36 weeks she'll do an ultrasound to determine baby position and all that, and I'll have one  more set of labs. Sounds fine to me! 

Things we need to do before baby comes is set up the nursery, pick out a pediatrician, and do our birthing/parenting classes along with a hospital tour. 

I can't believe it is so close - yet so far.
I had two friends who had their baby's this week, can't wait for my turn :)

Technically this was closer to 26.5 weeks, but I'm counting it :)

This picture shows how low I'm carrying. Or at least it feels and looks low to me!

No comments: