Sunday, July 8, 2012

Death is Not the End

This weekend has borne some bad news. On Friday I found out that an old friend of mine from Lehi passed away on the 1st from heart failure. I haven't seen Robbie since 10th grade, and I haven't talked to him for a few years, but I know he will be missed. He had a contagious smile, and was the first boy to ever hold my hand. Then today I got the news that a friend of mine from high school, David, died early this morning in a motorcycle accident. David was always smiling, always cheerful, and will be missed by everyone who ever came in contact with him. We were in multiple extracurricular activities together, and it was always a great time when David was involved because of his contagious, happy spirit. Both were 23 when they died.

My heart and prayers goes out to both of their families. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that there is life after death, and that we can all be together again after this life. I'm grateful for the Gospel in my life, that has taught me these truths, so that while death is still sad, and those who pass on will be missed, I know that death is not the end.

1 comment:

Rue Lynn said...

Sorry to hear about your friends. As you know, I always stop by the grave of my friend Don Lindstrom, when I visit my mom and dad...maybe now you understand. I feel as though my childhood and youth are buried there with Don.