Saturday, July 21, 2012

7/21/12

Today Pocatello celebrated Pioneer Day. K and I went to the parade, which was fun.... But really hot. I also forgot my camera, but we did see some cool stuff. Some huge horses, some of the Indians from the Sho-Ban tribe (I assume...) and then a bunch of stakes and wards did floats. I can't believe how much candy is thrown out at these things. The kids in front of us had huge bags of candy - it's pretty much like Halloween in July.

I will admit, I was a bit grumpy because it was hot, I was hungry, and I wasn't feeling too well.... But we still had a good time. We were amazed by how many people came out to watch it.


In other news, last night we went and saw The Dark Knight Rises, and it was SO GOOD. I expected it to be good, but I wasn't sure exactly what to expect plot wise.... and let me tell you, I was blown away. I know a lot of people (especially critics) haven't loved it. But I don't care. It was a masterpiece in my mind. I cried multiple times, as well. (I love Alfred with all my heart.) The ending was perfect, in my opinion. Usually Kyle likes to leave as soon as the credits start rolling, but we had to stay in our seats so I could get my composure because I was basically sobbing because it had just been so sad, and then so happy, and then the ending was perfect, and this was the end of the trilogy so I was sad. Guys. I love my HP as you know, but I love Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy just as much, or just about. Amazing. Go see it.

Nothing else is really going on.... This past week was a regular one of work, and church stuff for us. This coming week is girl's camp for me, woohoo! Out of the next 3 week, or 21 days, I work 7 days. (Technically 6 full days and 2 half days...). Pretty good deal. In TWO WEEKS we will be in California. YAY. I am so excited :)

No comments: