Saturday, May 10, 2014

Postpartum 3-6 Weeks

Well, I am officially 6 weeks postpartum.

I had my doctors appointment on Thursday, and she confirmed that everything down under (including my uterus) is back to normal and I can resume any and all activities with no restrictions. 
I also weighed in at 144. Down 3 pounds since my 2 week visit, and down 1 pound (ha) from my pre-pregnancy weight.
I am feeling so great!
My incision doesn't hurt anymore unless I do something super strenuous, which I don't, so it's fine. It's still a little numb feeling around the incision site, but I can handle that.
I have stopped bleeding, and. like I said, just feeling pretty great all around.

(Update: I forgot to add that it is so nice to be able to sleep anyway I want!)

The last 3 weeks I have just been healing, nothing super exciting to report. 
I love that I can move around normally now - no baby bump in the way and no healing incision! It is great to have my body "back" and be able to do what I want to do.

So... Next up? Starting to exercise and tone this body up!

Pictures taken at about 2 1/2 weeks postpartum - feeling pretty good about myself!

2 comments:

Jordan and Katelyn said...

Oh yes, having your body back is magnificent! My first sleep at home was awesome! I will always remember it, haha!

Jordan and Katelyn said...

Also you look awesome!