Friday, February 7, 2014

30 Weeks


I can't believe that I am 30 weeks along!
3/4 of the way done, less than 10 weeks to go.

I thought I'd do another "official" survey thing, like I did at 20 weeks, just for funsies.

How far along: 30 weeks!

How big is baby: Baby Center says baby is about 17 inches long, and weighs in around 3 pounds. Don't worry, baby will only grow a few more inches, but will at least DOUBLE his weight. At least. Where is that all going to go??

What have you been up to: Just planning and organizing. Making a lot of lists :)

Maternity clothes: Yes, yes, yes! I love them. 

Weight gain/lose: Today at the doctors I weighed in at 154. So I'm up around 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Wedding ring on/off: On still, but probably will need to come off soon.

Stretch marks: None yet, but I have a lot of stretching to do in the last 9-10 weeks :)

Belly Button: It is still barely in, but mostly flat. 

Sleep: Back and forth, like it's been this whole pregnancy. Some nights I sleep fairly well, and other nights I am wide awake for hours on end. It just depends. 

Newest baby milestones this week: Baby is just getting bigger and bigger! And so is mom (aka, ME).

Food cravings: None really. Although I have been loving yogurt lately. And I still will guzzle orange juice if given the opportunity.

Food aversions: None really.

Symptoms: Congestion, as always. Horrific rib pain is back. Hip and back aches.

Movement: Movement has changed a little bit, and is a lot of rolling and stretching and pushing, with occasional hard jabs sometimes. And I've also started feeling him have the hiccups within the last week or so, which is a lot of fun. Oh, and I also felt him kick (or punch?) my cervix the other night. That was.... uncomfortable.

Gender: BOY!

What I’m looking forward to: Having this sweet boy in my eyes. THREE of my friends had their babies on Wednesday, so my newsfeed on Insta and FB has been flooded with newborn baby pictures. Is it my turn yet? :)

What I’m nervous about/praying for: Oh, I'm just always nervous about baby's movements and if they're "normal". Just hoping everything continues to go smoothly until this little guy arrives.

What I miss: Sleeping on my back, and moving around more easily. 

Next appointment: February 20th - I'm going in every two weeks now.

Other: Like I mentioned earlier, I failed my 1 hour glucose test, I went in and had my three hour one last week, and passed! At my appointment yesterday I got the Tdap shot. Whooping cough is apparently making a comeback, so they recommend women get it while pregnant to transfer some immunity to baby and so the momma's don't get it. I'm pro-vaccine, so I said sure! We started birth classes this week which was pretty fun and informative. They're every Tuesday night in February for 2.5 hours. It's kind of nice being around a bunch of women who are all pregnant with their first baby's who are due around the same time as me. It makes me feel validated as we talk about our symptoms, haha. I think Kyle might even like it a little bit :)

I still am kind of in awe sometimes that I am pregnant. It's exciting and crazy and a whirlwind of emotions sometimes. Sometimes, right when i wake up, I forget I'm pregnant, but then I feel a little kick and remember I'm growing a human inside of me. What a crazy, wondrous thing that is.

No comments: