Friday, December 27, 2013

2013 Review

With a few days to go, I thought I'd go ahead and post our 2013 review.

Oh, 2013. 
What a year it has been!

In January I chopped 12 inches of my hair off.
We also went on a weekend trip to Coeur d'Alene, having no idea we were be living there before the year was over!



In March I received a promotion at work - to be the Regional Operations Manager.
Kyle turned 27.

In April the company I worked for was forced to shut it's doors, and I was laid off (as was Kyle, since he was working there part-time). This also means that our plans for after graduation completely changed as Kyle was currently interviewing for a full time counseling position there as well when this all happened.
The same week my best friend's husband left her and I drove down to Utah to be with her for a few days.

In May I started two part-time jobs.
Kyle graduated from Idaho State University with his Master of Counseling degree!
My dear cousin Katrina passed away.
We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.



In June we spent a weekend in Utah.
We also went camping with Evan and Holly.



In July we spent a week in Utah over the 4th of July weekend. My dad and Steven were visiting, as were Blaine and Brooke and the kiddos.
Kyle interviewed for and was offered a job in Coeur d'Alene.
He also became a Licensed Professional Counselor (after the Board met).
We spent a few days in Yellowstone.


In August we moved to Post Falls, and Kyle started his new job.
I turned 24. 
We found out we were expecting.

In September we spent a weekend in Seattle with Garyn and Jill.
I also spent a week in California helping out with the kids after Brooke had surgery on her back.



In November we found out our baby is a BOY.
Evan and Holly drove up to spend Thanksgiving with us.

In December we spent a week in California.
We celebrated Christmas, just the two of us, for the first time.




To sum up the biggest events:
I cut 12 inches off my hair.
I was promoted.
I was laid off.
Kyle graduated.
Kyle got a job in Coeur d'Alene.
We moved to Coeur d'Alene and Kyle started his new job.
We found out we were having a baby.
We found out our baby is a boy.
We vacationed in California.


Whew! What a year! 
We're very excited for 2014 - it will bring with it a trip to Utah, and then 3 months later the birth of our babe! 

No comments: