Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Hunger Games

Hey, friends.

I've been super absent around these parts, lately. And April is gearing up to be an extremely busy month! But I wanted to tell you about THE HUNGER GAMES.
These books are fantastic.
I don't remember who introduced them to me.... But I do know I read the first book in one night. And I read the second book in one night as well. The third book I pre-ordered, but it came in the mail when we were in Yellowstone. Luckily, Nathan had already downloaded the audio version, so we listened to Mockingjay on our drive up, around, and back from Yellowstone.

And when they announced a movie version, I was thrilled. And have been counting down to it since last year. And this past week, it came out!

And it was fantastic.
I know a  lot of fans found some things to be nit picky about. Usually, I would join in with them. But I thought it was so well done, and I was so riveted to the screen that nothing bothered me. The only thing that I thought could have been done a little better is introducing how Katniss knew to go find Peeta by the stream, and that he was hurt. But that's it.
They did a wonderful job casting. I loved all the characters so much.
I knew the shakyness of the camera was not loved by all, but I didn't mind it, and thought it was a pretty cool effect, actually.
I loved that they inserted scenes: President Snow and Seneca Crane talking, the end of Seneca Crane, the gamemakers in their "studio" manipulating the arena, shots of the districts watching the games, the uprising of District 11. I loved them all.

I loved it, loved it, loved it.

You should check out  my Hunger Games board here.

1 comment:

Leanna Wagstaff said...

i love you. :) so much!!

wanna know something crazy? i didn't even NOTICE the camera shake. NOT. ONCE.

weird?