Thursday, September 10, 2009

How We Met!

... by Britt.

Kyle and I met last August (2008). We both lived in the Riviera and we were in the same singles ward. Ok, I guess I probably didn't technically meet him until early September, but I do remember the first time I saw him. It was my first Sunday in the ward, and Dani and I were sitting in Sunday School. Two tall, blond guys walked into the room, and sat against the wall across from us. I remember leaning over to Dani and saying something like, "Those are two cute tall guys!" Little did I know that that was Kyle and his roommate, Jay. My other roommate, Lindsay, had been in the ward for Spring/Summer semesters, and so she already knew Kyle and his roommates. That's one reason we met so fast. He was also my fhe brother, and he was also assigned to be my home teacher! What luck! :)

Anyway, so we started hanging out occasionally, like before and after fhe. Then we started hanging out more, and then more. By January, he had become one of my best friends, and one of the people that I could go to with any problem. I probably started liking Kyle in February, but I always put it off as something that would never happen.
By the end of April, I really liked him. And I wasn't sure what I should do.
Luckily for me, he felt the same way, and in June he took that initiative. It took me a couple of days to come around (silly, I know) but I told him that I wanted to try it out, and to date him.
That day was June 17, 2009.
A couple of months later, we decided we wanted to get married.
And here we are :)

No comments: