Wednesday, April 10, 2013

....

Last Friday night I got a text that basically stopped me in my tracks.
My best friend's husband had left her.
Cue my shocked and surprised and horrified face.
When she didn't answer her phone (I probably wouldn't have either) I called her mom to check up on her. I also made the decision with Kyle that I would go down there and be with her for a few days. I immediately packed my bags and drove down, and got there around 9:30 at night.

I stayed the next few days with her (I got back yesterday) and I was glad to do it.
She is a wonderful, strong person, and I am so sad this has happened.

I think I enjoyed General Conference this year more than I have any other year. I listened more, I took more notes, and I was really striving to see the messages that were there for me. Also, having just been laid off and being unsure about our future, and having my best friend going through this - I needed Conference in a way I never have before.


So, like I said, I got to spend time with her and her family, which was great.
I also got to go to lunch with my other bestie, Isha, at a fantastic BBQ place in SLC. (R and R barbecue, go there now!)


On another note - I have been contracted by my previous employer to help with some administrative tasks over the next few weeks. That has given me something to do, which I am grateful for.

I also was contacted by a MH clinic in Idaho Falls, and I have been hired on as a billing consultant, and I will be working there one day a week.
When I got the call, I was in my car, and I literally said out loud, "Heavenly Father, you are awesome!"
Because He is, and I'm so grateful for the opportunities and blessings that have already come my (our) way. 

1 comment:

haili hunter said...

I'm so sorry your friend is having to go through this. One of my friends just went through that too. Too young. Way too young.